[list] FW: lecture- Navigating the Special Ed System- Sunday night at mercaz rakefet

ziva ziva at mercazrakefet.co.il
Tue Apr 5 07:36:50 CDT 2005

Mercaz Rakefet's spring lectures series begins -
Our 1st lecture-
Navigating the Special Education System
- How do I know if my child needs to be in a special gan or class?
- What is the process of placement in such a program
- What is a vaada hasama? how do I prepare for it?
- What are the implications for the future if my child is in a special
education program?
-What is a gan safa? What is a ganenet siach?
-What are my rights as a parent?
-What are the special education options in Bet Shemesh?
These questions and more will be answered by Mercaz Rakefet director,
Ziva Schapiro, and educational psychologist, Dr.
Paul Shrell-Fox who have both been working in the Bet Shemesh area for
10 years
and are very familiar with the local "system".
Sunday night, April 10th, 20:30
Mercaz Rakefet Child Development Center
Zeelim 6, Ramat Bet Shemesh Aleph
call 992-0947 for more details
Cost: 20 shekel per person, 30 shekel a couple
Included in the cost of the evening will be the guide to
special education in Bet Shemesh- "Navigating the Special Education
in Bet Shemesh" by Ziva Schapiro, OTR.
Ziva Schapiro, OTR
Clinical Director
Mercaz Rakefet Child Development Center
Shderot Zeelim 6
Ramat Bet  Shemesh A
Get a website FAST and CHEAP
WEBuilder.co.il can build you a a site for
as little as $200
Samples online at www.webuilder.co.il/gallery.htm
info at webuilder.co.il 02-999-8923
Post message: RBS at yahoogroups.com