[list] A yummy recipe for Pesach rolls (gebrocht, easy but requires a hand mixer)

Tzirel Shaffren tzirelshaffren at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 14:23:29 CDT 2005

Hi,

I have been making this Pesach roll recipe for many
years (courtesy of my sister:), and I thought that
others may enjoy it as well.  The recipe doesn't
double well, but it is easy enough to make separate
batches.  Also, it does not come out that well if you
mix it by hand.

2 Cups matzah meal
1.5 Cups boiling water
2 Tblsp sugar
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
1/2 Cup oil

Pour 2 Cups matzah meal into a bowl
In a separate small bowl, dissolve sugar and salt into
boiling water and pour over matzah meal.
Use beater to mix.  The mixture will be crumbly.  If
you see too much dried matzah meal on the bottom of
the bowl, add a little more boiling water and mix till
mixture is all moistened.
Let mixture sit for 5 minutes.
In a separate bowl (you can use the same small bowl as
for the boiling water), mix eggs and oil and pour into
matzah meal mixture.  Mix with beater till smooth (as
smooth as matzah meal will get).  Mixture will be
thick.
Drop by the spoonful onto lightly oiled baking sheet
(I use baking paper instead and it works beautifully).
 Should yield between 13 and 15 rolls.
Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes.

It may look like a long recipe, but it is really very
easy and delicious.  We eat them with sliced cheese or
creamed cheese, or just plain.  Enjoy!

Take care,
Tzirel