[list] Oy vay at the arnona office today

Yocheved Golani yocheved at yochevedgolani.com
Thu Feb 3 04:49:23 CST 2005

Listmates, can you please advise me what to do, other than leaving the
country? I went to the arnona office today to discuss errors on my arnona
bill (again). I mentioned things I'd learned in the Lemaan Achai class about
arnona discounts. Here's what happened:

The clerk and secretary told me that Lemaan Achai is "fool" for teaching the
class that local citizens can receive discounts on water for ginot. I have 3
ginot and no water discount. The arnona staff refused to accord me credit
for the ginah water.

They also informed me that although my teudat zahut indicates that I'm a
gorushah, they will not discount my arnona as a single woman until I bring
in my divorce papers. When I asked why they'd never requested that
documentation in the past 2.5 years I've lived in Bet Shemesh, they told me
that my appointment was over. I demanded to continue my appointment without
leaving my chair and was told I needed to take another number. That would
have entailed leaving my chair, getting another number, and waiting for more
verbal harassment. I stood to argue with a secretary who kept disputing
everything I said, while the clerk kept telling me to leave.

I spoke with Esther at Merkaz Zechuyot before and after this morning's trip
to the arnona office. She promised to get appropriate action for my benefit.
THE LAST TIME I APPEALED FOR A DISCOUNT, Meir, the head of the arnona
office, told me to get my rich American relatives to pay it, laughed, and
showed me to the door.

Now what? Kol tuv,

Yocheved Golani
I Can Help You to Meet Your Deadline! www.ygolani.com
Yocheved's Bookshelf www.yochevedgolani.com
Author, "LEGACY" & "LEGACY 2006: INTEGRITY"
Israel TEL: +972.2.999.8392
Israel FAX: +972.2.999.8392
Israel CELL: +972.547.681.836
USA TEL: 716.210.8496