[list] Oy vay at the arnona office today

Gershom Tave gershom at netvision.net.il
Thu Feb 3 05:42:35 CST 2005

Fellow listers,

In my opinion, the only way to solve these problems is for ALL of us to
stop paying any arnona to the city and call for the ouster of the mayor
and which ever other houligans deserve the same.  The challenge is that
if only a few people stop paying, they'll get in trouble and we Anglos
tend not to be adept at dealing with Israeli trouble.  But if ALL of us
cash cows (reference to earlier posting) stop paying, the city will cry
MOO.  I think a summary collection of all our grievances should be
assembled (my wife just told me of the firing of all dati BS employees)
and published.

Perhaps the way to start is by nominating a few good machers to organize
the people so we should all be synchronized and noone gets in trouble.
I can volunteer myself for two purposes:
1) send to this address emails with the subject: BEIT SHEMESH GRIEVANCES
with simple statements (not stories) of problems, corruptions, etc.
Type the subject exactly (cut and paste is great) so I can have Outlook
automatically sort these emails into their own folder and I will compile
them into a succint statement of our grievances against Beit Shemesh
corruption.
2) send to this addresses emails with the subject: NOMINATIONS with
names and phone numbers and/or email addresses of RBSers whom I could
contact to put together into a group of leaders and workers who would be
available to make something actually happen out of all this...

...unless listland prefers just to gripe.

Gershom Tave