[list] RE: Viruses Alerts, Medication recalls and other SCARY MESSAGES

Larry Rublin lrublin at degel.com
Wed Feb 9 10:26:25 CST 2005

OK gang,

One more time let's go through the rules for forwarding messages:

1.	If it quotes a press release from a distinguished organization,
check for a date. Just saying "Microsoft announced today" or "the FDA
released results last Tuesday" doesn't cut it. Real press releases should
have dates. Recent dates, to be precise.
2.	THE MORE CAPITAL LETTERS in the message, the less likely it is to be
true.
3.	Someone that sends you a message that says SEND THIS TO EVERYONE YOU
KNOW doesn't care what EVERYONE thinks of you.
4.	Click on a link before you forward it. Check it out yourself before
making me do so.
5.	Likewise, when you forward a message asking for donations (blood or
money, doesn't matter) and an email/telephone number for additional
information . . . send an email or call the number before you forward the
pathetic cry for help. If I get that sob story with the fake email from
aliroo one more time I'll scream.
6.	No one will pay you for forwarding email. NO ONE.
7.	If you think it may be real, look it up on Snopes, et al. It so easy
to do . . . and if you see that it is a hoax, you can still look cool on the
list. Just post it and say THIS IS A HOAX! DON'T FORWARD IT TO ALL YOUR
FRIENDS!

LSR