[list] ordering books from hu"l?

Eliyahu Shiffman eliyahu at szmc.org.il
Wed Feb 23 02:09:40 CST 2005

Anyone have any experience ordering books from on-line merchants from hu"l?  My understanding (from my vague recollection of past postings on this subject and from my own limited experience) is that when merchandise is sent by mail, customs is only charged if the total value is more than a certain amount ($30-35?) whereas when the merchant uses a courier company, customs is always charged no matter what the value of the shipment.  Is this correct?  Anyone know what the situation is with Amazon?  Or can anyone recommend a better book seller that ship to Israel?

eliyahu