[list] expired dry goods ok?

devorahk@usa.net devorahk at usa.net
Sun Feb 27 09:12:59 CST 2005

Hi,

Cleaning out my stock up I notice that I (foolishly) didn't rotate properly
and now have several bags of dry goods (white beans, split peas, etc.) which
expired between Nov. 04- now. Does anyone know if these dates stamped are just
"BEST by this date" or a "Don't eat after this date"?? Would the soup kitchen
or tzedeka food organization take them? They look perfectly fine (they are
just beans and stuff) and I hate to throw them out. On the other hand I don't
want to give bad food away. What about expired canned goods?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks,
Deborah