[BS/RBS list] licenced simcha halls

Leeba (Bell) Rosenthal hazlucha at bezeqint.net
Wed Dec 3 11:23:19 CST 2008

Sorry to break the news, but as far as I could find out,   neither Beis
Tefilla nor Reishit have an ishur to be a simcha hall either.  I did not
look into Kinor David or any "hall" in the industrial zone.
The iriyah will not give ishurim to "simcha halls"   located in residential
areas.  The shul halls in RBS and Bet Shemesh, including Beis Tefilla and
Reishit,  are not simcha halls, but rather "social halls" and thus will not
likely be closed down.  They continue to operate as simcha halls  b/c  no
one complains. However if enough neighbors were to complain about  noise
even the shuls could get fined for having large parties or get "closed
down".      It is the iriyah to whom we must turn.    I have looked into
this issue and run into brick walls each time.  Perhaps if enough people
complained , maybe by petition we could get these establishments ishurim.
It is quite ridiculous that we have a city growing by leaps and bounds and
no legal  simcha hall.

Leeba (Bell) Rosenthal
BESIMCHA~Service With A Smile
FOR ALL YOUR CATERING NEEDS