[BS/RBS list] Not all British can donate blood - but a big thanks to people who do

Lisa Seeman lisa at ubaccess.com
Sun Oct 26 05:07:30 CDT 2008

I thought I would save people a trip for nothing... the blood drive FAQ's
say: "If you lived in England from 1980 until 1996 for more than six months
straight, you are not allowed to donate blood. IMPORTANT: Misrad HaBriut has
extended this restriction to include Ireland and Portugal. There are other
restrictions  - see http://www.shemesh.co.il/bd/BloodDriveQandA-2.html

 On the other hand, as someone who has benefit from other people taking the
trouble to give blood,  I would like to thank anyone who does donate. There
is also something incredible in knowing that people  give uptime from a
rushed and busy day and donate blood incase someone is in trouble and will
need it. Sometimes that someone is me.

So thanks again and all the best
Lisa