[BS/RBS list] 1, 000 signatures needed!! Objections to Har Tuv Quarry Expansion

Renee Halpert reneeh at netvision.net.il
Thu Mar 12 11:43:01 EDT 2009

To residents of Ramat/Beit Shemesh and surroundings – shalom

The local environmental forum, Shemesh Yehuda, needs YOUR help!!!

Next week we are submitting a formal objection to the proposed expansion of
the Har Tuv quarry. This proposal is thorough and has been several years in
the planning – so we know our chances of actually stopping the expansion are
not great. BUT, Har Tuv and the Mateh Yehuda regional council MUST know that
we object and that we will be watching closely all developments. We also
want to discourage other quarries from trying to expand in our region.
The Har Tuv expansion comes dangerously close to residents of Beit Shemesh,
Nocham and Machasia – and thousands of local residents are already sick with
asthma and other respiratory illnesses. ONLY by objecting can we get the
message across that we do not want our region to deteriorate environmentally
and we care about the health of its residents. Har Tuv has already illegally
expanded without license and thus there is no proper environmental
supervision.

Attached is the formal letter that we are submitting. We would like to add
1,000 signatures to this letter!

How you can help:
PLEASE download the petition from the site:
http://www.justup.co.il/codes.php?n=g9c4ek.doc  and fill a page with
signatures from neighbours or to your local school or grocery store for 1/2
- 1 hour to get signatures Thursday and Friday!!

I will personally come pick up any pages that are full of signatures on
Saturday night. Just call me, SMS or email.

More details in the Hebrew, below.

Thanks!

-Renee Halpert
0523506592/ 999-2208